2015 Mercury FourStroke 9.9 HP ProKicker - 20 in. Shaft
Incredibly responsive to get you going with little or no prep.
Mercury® ProKicker outboards feature a deeper gearcase and a four-blade, high-thrust propeller with matching gear ratio – the perfect setup for trolling and precise control in all conditions.
Convenient and Easy Tilting.
Push down on the tiller handle to easily tilt the outboard to any position, made easy with our exclusive ratcheting transom bracket.
The fastest power tilt in the industry drops a Mercury 9.9 - 15hp ProKicker FourStroke outboard into the water in just five seconds. Exclusive kicker-centering straps align and secure the outboard in full tilt-up position while you’re underway.
Reliable and Easy Starts.
Exclusive Primer and Fast Idle systems get Mercury 9.9hp ProKicker FourStroke outboards started fast – hot or cold – even if poor-quality fuel becomes a factor. Just push the primer button and go.
Total Single-Handed Tiller Control.
Tiller-steered versions feature the exclusive Mercury multifunction tiller that puts shifting, throttle control (with friction for fine-tuned trolling), stopping, tilting and steering in the palm of your hand.
At only 83 pounds, these engines are very portable and improve the performance of lightweight boats.
The ProKicker gearcase is engineered to be rugged and durable, with robust gears and bearings and a heavy-duty skeg that’s 55% thicker and twice as strong side-to-side as the previous gearcase.
- HP / kW: 9.9 / 7.3
- Engine type: Inline 2
- Displacement (CID/CC): 12.8 / 208
- Full throttle RPM: 5000-6000
- Fuel induction system: 2 valves per cylinder, single overhead cam (SOHC)
- Alternator amp / Watt: 6 amp / 76 watt
- Recommended fuel: 87% octane / up to 10% ethanol
- Recommended oil: Mercury FourStroke Oil 10W-30
- Engine protection operator warning system: Low oil pressure; Over-rev
- Starting: Electric; Manual
- Steering: Remote; Tiller
- Shaft length: 20 in. / 508 mm
- Gearcase ratio: 2.42:1
- Dry Weight: 96 lb. / 44 kg
- CARB star rating: 3
- Bore and stroke: 2.16 x 1.73 in. / 55 x 44 mm
- Ignition: CDI w/electronic spark advance
- Fuel system: Carbureted
- Cooling system: Water-cooled with thermostat
- Gear shift: F-N-R
- Gearcase options: Standard
- Trim system: Power Tilt
- Trim positions: Ratcheting
- Exhaust system: Through prop
- Shallow water drive: Yes
- Shallow water trim range (degrees): 16
- Color: Phantom Black
- Engine Type
- Inline 2
- Bore x Stroke
- 2.16 x 1.73 in. (55 x 44 mm)
- 12.8 cid (208 cc)
- Electric; Manual
- Shaft Length
- 20 in. (508 mm)
- 96 lb. (44 kg)
- Trim Method
- Power Tilt
- Propshaft Horsepower
- 9.9 hp (7.3 kW)
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5000-6000 rpm
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- 2.42:1 / F-N-R
- Fuel Induction
- 2 valves per cylinder, single overhead cam (SOHC)
- 6 amp / 76 watt
- Water-cooled with thermostat
- Remote; Tiller
- 3 Year Corrosion, 3 Year Limited